View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 08:11 PM   #22
special-K
Special Order

Re: This may belong in Gearhead Gourmet but

I never heard of a milk sandwich,either. Mom used to make Bread puddin tho'. But you don't see the fools buying up all the raisins. If they did,that would explain all the tallit peppa.

Last week the bread I like was 2 for 1,so I'm still on #1. One roll of TP lasts longer than a power outage...and I have a 12 pk as well as a few in the cabinet (within reach...hah hah) of the throne. I'm embarrassed to say I had about enough milk for today's oatmeal and that was it. So,just in case there was an outage,I stopped by the store on my way TO work and got more. It's cold enough out that I knew it would keep and I wanted to be sure to beat the short sighted herd. Hey,it was just a matter of timing...and a little preparedness just because I knew later I would probably be SOL.
When I lost power last week I went in to the Olde Town Restaurant for coffee and breakfast. It was as much something to do as to eat. I was sippin' coffee when the lights flickered a few times,then lights out. The cook could still fill the orders,but they turned everyone new away. It was kinda neat and my breakfast was better than ever. They were figuring the bills on paper and I was one of the last customers. My bill would have been about $8 and I just handed the gal a 20 and said "This ought to cover it" and left.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 02-14-2014 at 01:49 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote