Thread: The Apache
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 07:36 PM   #9
-hooch-

Re: The Apache

Got it back home and the next things we did were fix some rusty floors and get the brake pedal mounted. The brake booster will be underneath the cab in order to clean up the firewall.

The plastic block we won at the NSRA show that inspired me to build the truck. I don't think we thought it would come in handy that quick. You can see how nicely the subframe is grafted on too.

Our simple motor mounts.

Here we were mounting the steering column and used a seat from a 57 ford to measure it. We kept the stock drop with a little modification to keep the stock theme going. The steering column is from an eldorado I think... My dad had it laying around and told me it'll look nice because its really clean looking and all it has on it is the gear shift, the key hole, and the blinker switch. Otherwise it's smooth.

See the gauges? Check.

We had to make our own bracket get the brake pedal and booster bracket to work. You can see how wiggly the lines in the floor were from where someone tried to fix them. We straightened them up later on as you'll see.

We had to add this much onto the floor to keep it from having holes on it. Not the neatest work, but it'll do! Someone had tried to fix it before us but had done a terrible job.

Passenger's side.

We got a seat finally. Late model Chevy bench seat. I wanted it to be as basic as I could get, and we didn't have one. This one was $30 if I remember correctly, so we got it. Test fitting a seat cover... Nah!

The floor from the firewall passenger side.

Driver's side

The seat without the blanket

From this view you can see the floors where we patched them. Turned out pretty good in my opinion.