View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 07:50 PM   #4
72'FleetcydeENVY

Re: 1972 fleetside bagged longbed project

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
www.porterbuiltfabrication.com
Convert your truck to trailing arms for a super nice ride!
Thats a beautiful comfy lookin setup. I might be a ways off from getn to that point? It is kind of a future goal. Right now my budget is broken up between,some important tool, a smal amount of mechanical issues,ie,tune up,gas tank swap,possible radiator swap,small steering issues(bad rubber here and there), all of thats half done,and not taking a huge chunk of my budget. Im getn an ok price on my whole air bag set up,so no complaints at all there?? Another chunk is goin to some old fees. I have been searching for awhile for those old style trailing arms,but its just not affordable right now?? I have a welder and could make some,but some old ones off a chevy truck would be more to my liking?? I also have a friend an fellow club member thats offering to build me a 4 link at work if i just buy the ends?? I just hate feeling like i owe someone even though he offered? But he is also making my notch. Now the notch isnt major,but i dont want him to get fired takin bars or whatnot from work?? So,if i cant find a way to make some kind of link for my rear axle that connects at the front leaf hangers,im gonna have to let my friend that knows plenty bout em,make my 4link pieces like he wants me to do,or get the bars,ends,and brackets an do it myself,or pay a lil extra for a 4 link built for my truck,that id still get the pleasure of measuring,cutn and assembling myself too?? Its a tough decision,but DIYer in me leans towards the last two options. Unless i can find an example of what id like to do for now,which is arms connecting to my existing hangers? I know its not practical,but its not uncommon either. I read about it plenty of times,just havent seen clear pics. Cartoonish diagrams,but no poor mans goood example?? I guess ill start searchin again. One day soon i hope to have a clean setup like ur trailing arm setup. For now im just under pressure to make up my mind?? Maybe ill flip my leafs,bolt it back down,weld the stack together and to the axle,then cut the other half of the leafs of at the rear of the axle and id kinda have what im lookin for???? Hhmmmmm.........and no. Fun fun cant wait to be done. Itll work out. One way or the other im getn it done. Thanks man. That is clean.. a goal to work towards.

Last edited by 72'FleetcydeENVY; 02-15-2014 at 07:52 PM. Reason: add pic..
72'FleetcydeENVY is offline   Reply With Quote