Thread: Dream '69
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 05:20 PM   #34
lawest

Re: Dream '69

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
Love the shop, the build looks great too, i'll keep dreaming that some day i'll have a shop to work in, from Sunday to Monday it dumped 3" of rain, the snow or rain really hasn't let up all winter.

Did you read about using a Falcon tank elsewhere? curious why you chose that tank?
I know what you mean, if I didn't have the shop I would never have attempted this project. My shop is a 1000 sq/ft. larger than my house, which is just right in my book.

There is a lot of information on this site about the different options for an under bed tank. It really depends on what you want and if you have a need for a in tank fuel pump and return line to feed a fuel injected engine, which I don't. I went with the Falcon tank because it a) doesn't hang so low as to be visible below the rear bumper, b) it doesn't require cutting structural bed supports, and c) its cheaper than either a custom made alum. tank or a blazer tank kit. I wanted a new tank that had never had fuel in it because I am going to have to reconfigure the filler neck and sending unit mount and don't want to blow myself up.

69 K10 SWB Project Dream '69
2011 K2500 Silverado

Beat to fit, Paint to match
Dream '69 Build Thread
lawest is offline   Reply With Quote