Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 10:56 PM   #198
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Moving along to the tank and filler, I also purchased another 10X20 car cover, going to set it up right behind the other one to give me room to (hate to say it) pull the bed off again. Right now the tank is bolted to the bottom of the frame rail, i want to move the tank flanges to inside the rail because the filler is about 1/4" below the top frame rail, I was going to do it way back then but i was in a hurry to get the bed back back then as i needed the truck, and didn't take the time to remove the cross member and move the tank even tho i knew the filler hose would rub on the upper frame rail. So i need to back up and fix the tank before i install the hitch. This pic is about ?? 2-3 years old??

Then once the tank is fixed i'll start on the filler door and tube, and yes because i have never done any body work the thought of cutting my bed side is pretty nerve racking..

I have bought a few items to help with the door install, right and left hand snips and a stud welder gun and puller, plus some mud, high build primer, sanding blocks, ect.
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote