Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 01:02 PM   #203
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Windmills View Post
Good to see progress again, good score on the slots and dash! Tires under 10 years can be remounted, so you have time. I can't believe you'd get a ticket for that, I'd think you'd have to have obscene protrusion for it to be an issue unless you live in a utopia that has no real issues for cops to pursue.

Keep in mind that the area that will suffer is still the lower part of the front fenders and even with flush or narrower fitment, that area still gets a ton of rock chips unless you have flaps.

I think your new rear bumper must be like mine? 80's style?
I will probably continue with plans to polish the wheels them regardless and give them a shot to see if the width grows on me, I have wanted slots for years. Maybe not where your at but it is ticketable over here to be outside of the fender wells, but i do believe the cop would have to be in a bad mood or just an ass. It may not look so bad when mounted. I was however shocked to find out how expensive the lug are gonna be..

Don't tell nobody but the bumper came off of a 4 letter F word. I have given thought to trying to modify the old bumper being as i have a Mig and Plasma cutter till i can find a different period correct bumper that i like.

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote