View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 09:09 AM   #17
murphy98

Re: 60-66 Stepside rear step bumper modification

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhippinSaw View Post
Murphy98, do you think I can make a step side bumper out of this? Seems to be a lower than yours, but I might be able to make it work with your help.
Thanks
I just checked my bumper measurements and they seem to match up with yours exactly WhippinSaw. My bumper is about 4" high and the vertical piece of diamond plate which closes the gap from the top of the bumper to the bottom of the bed cross sill is 2 7/8" high. I have about a 1/4" gap between the vertical piece and the bottom of the rear bed cross sill. It appears that your bumper is sitting a bit low, looks like your gap is about 1" going by your ruler in the pic. I do recall having to elongate my bumper bracket holes (on the frame) a bit as my bumper also sat a bit low when I first installed it. I made up a platform with a couple or 2x4s & some plywood between the bumper & my floor jack to support the bumper fully so I could make height adjustments as well as front to back adjustments more easily since I was doing this install solo. The bottom side edge of the bumper side extensions should be flush with the bottom of the rear fenders as you can see in the last pic. Hope these additional pics help? Let me know if you need more help or info.
Attached Images

murphy98 is offline   Reply With Quote