View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 10:28 PM   #123
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Re: Show off your long bed here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyLarry View Post
Very cool! I had 5 slot mags on my truck back in the late 80's. Wish I would have kept them around. I need to scan in more old pictures of mine.
Thanks! Those old original ET 5 window slots have some history actually. The rear ones were originally bolted on a '33 Willy's gasser that was drag raced through the PNW back in the 60's. They then found their way onto my Dad's 1970 CST/10 along with a pair of ET's for the fronts in 1974. Since his truck is a 6 lug, he ran these 5 luggers with adapters. He used them like that for about 5 years, but they stuck out of the wheel wells too far, so he pulled them and put a set of Western Wheels 5 window slots in 6 lug on his truck. He still has them on his rig to this day. The old ET's went out in the shop and sat until 2006 when I picked up my '72. They were a perfect fit, and an awesome hand me down for my rig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean'smeanmachine View Post
that is a very clean truck
Thank you! I had just washed it!

All kidding aside, I am honored by your compliment.

There are a lot of suh-weet looking trucks in this thread. :ban: :ban:

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote