View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 07:41 PM   #1
desertdogg

Question Need advice: LS ENGINE SWAP

Been around for a little while now and have done some minor work to my 1972 chevy C10 LWB {nothing major} Its a project truck and I finally Got some funds to do some major work to it. I just purchased a 2005 5.3 liter and 4L60E with 58k from a 2005 Chevy Tahoe doner. I paid $2500 with free shipping from a dismantler up in Wilmington CA, Im In San Diego, hope I didnt pay too much but I thought it was a good deal from what I had been seeing around here. It comes with the whole deal to do a complete change over. Anyways I was hoping some of you can lead me in the right direction to go from here.

This is what I think needs to be done and please correct me if Im wrong and please throw in any other feedback or advice:

#1. Find the engine transmission combo. ----- Done

#2. Find motor mounts------ Help please

#3. Get new harnes or existing one tailored for my truck---- Help please

#4. Get ECU reprogrammed--- Help please

#5. I need to figure out which throttle body I need, Wire driven or Cable Driven please inform...PLEASE!

I basically need to figure out what I need to do in order as I will be using your information as a guideline. thanks for any and all the valuable information guys I really appreciate it.
desertdogg is offline   Reply With Quote