Thread: 47 Step van
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 09:58 PM   #129
xpickup

Re: 47 Step van

Last batch of pictures is the gas tank. I bought some pipe couplings and cut them in half for my bongs. I was cheaper that me making them. For the pickup lines , I used a pipe reducer which had a pipe tap hole on the outside end and then I tapped it on the opposite end so I could thread a pipe nipple in for the pickup tube. Then the other end has a inverted flare fitting on it for a flared fuel line. The 2 outside bongs are the pickup lines. The right hand one is for the motor and the left hand one is for the generator. I cut that one a little shorter, that way the generator will run out of gas before the truck does. The smaller inside ones are the return from the motor and the fill vent line. Next was to cut out a ring for the sending unit. I weld it in and transfer punched it for the holes. Then drilled and tapped for #10-32. Then cut down the sending unit so it fit for the tank depth. I have to mount it and make the filler tube. It is going in the factory spot. I am using the factory spout and cap.

Shannon
Attached Images

xpickup is offline   Reply With Quote