View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 02:16 PM   #38
whiskymaker

Re: A Scottish 55 Big back window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Smart move starting with a Calif. truck! Sorry, Tito's Vodka drinker here, but y'all go on ahead. It's always neat to see how things are done in other places, looks like your mates are doing you a good job.

We have a friend here in KC that was a London Cabbie for 30 yrs. It blows him away how we just tear into stuff at the house.
i will let you off on the vodka bit

Ive been drawn in hook line and sinker now with these lovely ol trucks....so much so i am looking to get another,which will be fun getting it to me up here in Scotland !!!

Im used to ripping stuff apart as ive been into aircooled VW's for the past 20 odd years,but,i was getting a bit stale with them so i sold my 67 split panel,my 56 oval and as soon as a magazine possibly does a photo shoot my karmann ghia will be going too....ironically the ghia is an ex San Francisco car...

i on a massive learning curve but its something that i gotta do.....except the next truck i get,i will be doing it myself....

A question for you good folk over there in the States.....is there any way i could find out history on my truck?......obviously ive the chassis number and the reg plates...over here we can apply to our vehicle licensing folk and they will send you the vehicle details for a small fee.....just wondered if there was a similar thing in the U.S ?
whiskymaker is offline   Reply With Quote