View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 12:56 AM   #915
OrrieG

Re: Lurker OrrieG Progress Pics

Good weekend. Got the hose routed from the wiper fluid tank to inside the cab, need to get a tee and some smaller line for the wiper bezels. Dropped in a battery and started checking circuits. Got a scare when I first connected the battery some of the AC relays activated, need to check the circuit to see if they were just setting or if they are drawing power all the time.

All of the stuff I have hooked up works except for the 4wd indicator on the transfer case (the switch is good, think I have a bad connection in the circuit) and an over-ride switch I wired into the courtesy relay is not working.

Here are photos of the instrument lights and high beam indicator, courtesy lights (each door operates both lights in the kick panel using a relay), dome light, and the ac and back wiring of the kick panels as I installed them. Got them installed too.

I had to take out the light switch and do some work on it. Initially the dome and instruments did not work. The switch was working when I removed it 15 years ago but sitting around it got dirty. A little sand paper for the dome ground and it started working. The instrument circuit is working but might be developing an internal break. Everything is ok on the outside of the switch, including the reostat, I am hoping one it gets used regulary it will be ok. If not its easy enough to replace.

Engine turns over so next I am going to check the fluids and start it up to check for leaks before I start putting on any more front sheet metal.

All the pics except the back of the kick panel were taken with any light in the cab or the camera flash on. Pretty bright.
Attached Images

OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote