Thread: Shipping a car
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 02:30 AM   #3
cayoterun

Re: Shipping a car

I've only had one pickup hauled from Salt Lake City, to Guymon, Okla.
I used Uship, and had good service. The broker was in Florida. I wish I'd could remember the name, but can't. I dealt with a lady, and She was really good about communications. The driver and truck owner who she sent was just as good. He kept me updated on his location, time of pickup, and time of delivery. He gave me his cell# told me to feel free to call him anytime. I never did need too, he called me often enough without calling him. From the time I called and the lady assigned a truck, she gave me an approximate deliver time and date. Seems like 7 days. I think the pickup was here in 5 days.
Total cost was less than $700. Much less than I could have driven up there, hired a Uhaul trailer, and back.
I used an open trailer as the pickup was older, but slick. I may have been lucky again, because he said he had good weather all the way across. Enclosed trailers were too pricey for my pockets.

I had heard some bad stories about poor service with Uship, but I picked a broker by looking on their list, and reading different ones feedback. This one seemed to have the most good ones, so being a one time hire, I may have been lucky to get a good one.

Good luck in finding a good hauler to help you.

I think I'll do it myself and pay the extra $500.

Last edited by cayoterun; 03-11-2014 at 02:42 AM.
cayoterun is offline   Reply With Quote