View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 08:12 AM   #23
Hart_Rod

Re: WTB Oil pressure sender adapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by First c10 View Post
I am not sure. As I don't have anyway to know except what the dd reads when I plugged it in. But thank you for the information it would be nice to get all the info to the Vhx gauges. I can get the mechanics and the electric parts working this communications part I am not sure about.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by First c10 View Post
I have all the parameters from the obd2/canbus except the oil. DD said that it won't read it. But I read somewhere that it was possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoxrrar View Post
I could have swore there is a signal from the pcm on the e38.
I'll do some checking Monday with a friend of mine and find out for you.
Do you know what the signal parameters are required by DD?
The E38 computer does push an oil signal of the CANBUS, however, Dakota Digital's BIM-01-1 will not display it on the gauges. I'm not sure why and I've spent about 3 months and written numerous emails back and forth with DD and received no good reason why their BIM won't display it. I get IAT, gear indication, H20 temp, speed, tach, trans temp and OAT (if you have the sensor) but no oil pressure..... I let them know that most of the other gauges out there that use the CanBus CAN display oil pressure, so hopefully my continual bugging about this will prompt them to updgrade their BIM interface.