View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 08:40 PM   #364
BlacklandCamper

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

Finished the front brakes, was going to move on to the rears, but managed to tweak my ribs putting the front wheels back on, and decided the rears could wait. Instead I figured I would see if the radiator from my donor GMC would fit, but I learned that the radiator is too tall to work. Guessing they got taller during the late '80s. Oh well. Put the usable old radiator back in, and need upper and lower hoses, along with a thermostat and gasket.

So...

Hoses, thermostat, coolant, then exhaust flange gaskets, new pipe and mufflers (in hand, just need to be welded up), then rebuild wheel cylinders, bleed brakes, add trans fluid, vac tune carb, and take it on its first drive in almost a decade.

With rain on the forecast, I may not get much done tomorrow, and I work Sunday, so hopefully the weather clears on my days off next week, and I can get as much done as possible.
Attached Images

Donkey: 93 Nissan D21, the farm truck. My 1/2 ton SWB. The Indomitable Datsun.
1st BN 3rd MAR. '00-'04