Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 05:10 PM   #226
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Well I'm working this weekend again, had a late start today because i was up late working on my new cluster, but i was at least able to get out there for about an hour today before work.

I'm still fighting that large high spot that starts at the body line and go's up about 3-4".. I have been able to move some metal and made some improvement but i want that large high spot out before i weld in the door, I'm half tempted to take a cutoff wheel and make a slit right into the center of the high spot in hopes it will lay down but kinda afraid i'll open up a can of worms (oil canning maybe?) that i don't want.

I'm to the point that if i had a patch panel in that area i'd probably go ahead and cut the area out and weld in the patch.

I can at least say my stud gun works and Fedex just delivered a dent puller i ordered to work some of the smaller creases, it looks like a rivet gun but has a round cage that attaches to it to the working end to localize the pull.

EDIT: I know the ridge has a couture the length from the rear of the truck to the well opening, just using the level as a reference.

Here,s a link to the tool:
Ding-Near-Perfect Dent Puller : Amazon.com :... Ding-Near-Perfect Dent Puller : Amazon.com :....
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's

Last edited by swamp rat; 03-15-2014 at 09:19 PM.
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote