Thread: Oil-less turbos
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 10:54 AM   #7
Gumby

Re: Oil-less turbos

read it all before ya go off on me..............

Im in that mix or battle, I can really only afford to go the cheap turbo kit route on my Firebird, but the place and location Im going to put it is limited. [ as I refuse to fill my engine compartment with piping / do the fab work or pay for it, floor and body will be notched for stockish ypipe mount it]

But then those dam oil lines and drain back,and and and.........

you can see one being done right now, same engine as mine
http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/v6...review-17.html

But im not doing all that, I don't want it that bad, but I want it bad enough to find a way to do it how I want it done.

Down to a home built self contaiined oiling system for the turbo, cheap inline fuel pump [ or pumps, $15-20 each, will pump fuel for years no trouble, warm 30w oil, should make it last longer.] mini tank, mini rad cooler, no need for a filter if self contained.

plus none of that "normal" metal wear n engine gunk making its way into the turbo.

I know its not the right way, but the only way it will happen for me. Less oil-less became cheap-er....

Really, id notch the right side fender. floor and firewall and have it stick out the side [ ram air] like some crazy hotwheels car, before I did all that under hood piping fab work. [ my poor back ]

only goal is 5-7psi as Im not going super tuner, stock ECM can do 5-7, so thats my limit.

I want it , but not going all out. its my way or no way.
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote