View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 11:02 PM   #83
slow-1

Re: Where/How did you find your Truck ?

This is a good reading thread, thanks everyone for sharing.

My Grandfather bought "Ole Green" in the early 70's, no one in the family can remember if he bought it new or used, and I never thought to ask him...guess it doesn't really matter.

I used to spend several weeks with my grandparents every summer and can remember riding all over Rowan County (NC) with my Grandfather at the wheel. I remember the way the clutch pedal creaked as he gently worked the 3 on the tree shifter. I remember sitting next to him, being his "intermittent" wiper operator when it was drizzling.

When it came time to head to the beach for the family vacation, I always rode in the back with my younger brother...I'm sure it was miserable hot inside the camper shell, but all I remember is the sound of glass packs rumbling as we traveled. If it got to be noon while we were on the road, it was Beanie Weenies and saltine crackers on the tailgate sitting beside the highway (all 2 lane then).

When I turned 16, my Grandfather sold the truck to my Dad for $1k and when I got out on my own, my Dad signed it over to me.

When I run into folks I know, they ask how my wife and 3 kids are, and they ask me how Ole Green is doing.
Original 350 (3 rebuilds)
700R4 from Bowtie Overdrives

slow-1 is offline   Reply With Quote