View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 03:07 AM   #30
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: 4l60e 1-2 shift does not happen at WOT

IMO pre filters clog or cavitate, the only time I run one is the in-tank sock (if I have an in tank). I just run a good filter after the pump, and keep an eye on it. The pump itself can move a good amount of garbage without actually causing a problem. Starving the pump of fuel or restricting it is actually worse than letting it pass some debris.

Was the noise actully coming from the pump? When fluid flow has an air leak, or has air introduced to the system (aeration), or hits an obstruction and cavitates (basically bounces around) it can make a hell of a noise. Shower heads in old homes will do the same thing when the line gets calcified or when pipes werent de-burred.

Take a look at the lines and fittings as well to make sure they are all positively engaged and not pinched, or mis aligned (especially when going from hard line and back). Not fixing it can actually cause the fluid to wear at the line and cause a burst failure.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote