View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 07:45 PM   #291
swamp rat

Re: Project; Divorce Therapy ( 72 SWB 4x4 )

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUSTOM/10 View Post
Well I decided to move forward with the same basic engine build, reusing the reciprocating assembly and heads with a new block. This way I stay on the same path and don't get into a bunch of other mods. I am having some additional work done to improve the motor set-up and make it suit my application better. The cam that was in the motor was too radical, it was a comp cam extreme energy 290 with .540 lift. I need to do some research and find some more suited to my build. A street driven 4x4 that has good low end
great mid range and good top end and maintains good vacuum.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated !!!

Here's a picture of the crack shown with the magnaflex !!
Per my last post i just wanted to take your mind off the engine for a little bit.

Per the cam keep in mind that the more lift and duration the higher the torque curve moves in the rpm range, in other words you may gain more horse power but you loose bottom end torque, for a 4X4 i would suggest nothing more than a mild RV type grind so you retain bottom end torque. For the life of me i cant remember what my grind is, rebuilt back in 95, i can look it up later but i did loose a little bottom end with it. But maybe the comp cams 4X4 cam will address this??

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote