View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 05:22 AM   #414
Gokart Mozart

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

After about 2 years recovering from surgery, the need for the truck to be running is coming soon. I drove it around a few times but the trans was slipping, shifting hard. I found a place that will switch the turbo 350 with a 700r4. I was on my way down, not even out of my work's parking lot, I stopped for a second and blewie, no gears, fluid everywhere. The shop is about 30 miles away and I called my roadside assistance company, they wanted to tow it to a Chevy dealership 5 miles away because that's what's stipulated in the contract. I tried to explain the trans isn't going to be repaired, it's getting replaced and she tried to tell me they could only authorize the closest shop. I said the place I was going to was the closest place that will do the work I needed. After a couple times being put on hold they did come back with a wrecker that would take it there. They're going to do the work after hours and with luck it should be done Monday! They said the only issue will be there isn't 4 indents on the column so first won't have a slot. No biggie for now.