Thread: M.A.D. 66 build
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 02:01 PM   #47
ccstreetbob

Re: M.A.D. 66 build

No, no ticket, she would not stay running and died right after putting a bit of gas in to get home. One of our city's finest pulled in behind me and we talked hot rod's and old trucks until the wrecker showed up. We've been hard at it for the last 2 days pulling the old motor and getting the new motor prepped for installation. My son and I have been up till 2 the last two nights in a row pulling and then installing the new to us motor. We were going to pull and rebuild the motor after we found a stuck lifter and a broken push rod. While searching for new heads and various parts Lady luck showed up. A buddy of mine knew a guy who heard of a guy who had a completely rebuilt SBC sitting on a shelf that never made it into his father/son project. After a quick phone call and exchange of stories about our projects I got an amazing deal for a bad ass little motor. It's been sitting on a shelf for the last 5yrs just waiting. Anywho, we have to finish installing everything tonight and can hopefully have her running by Sunday! Wish us Luck!

(AKA Maverick and Dad Kustoms)
ccstreetbob is offline   Reply With Quote