View Single Post
Old 12-30-2003, 11:59 PM   #11
Gregsmx

CRRoy, thanks for the measurement. I must have a bit more lift. I'm 53.5" with 29" tires. That would calculate to a 4" lift. But there is no blocks on the lift and only 1 additional leaf on the front spring and rear. I'm not sure how that much lift can be in my truck with just an add a leaf.

This is verified as the height from the ground to the bed is 34". A K-10 (4wd) shows to be 29 1/4" in the manufactures' specifications.

85K5 the vibration you feel in your seat when you accellerate hard out of the hole is due to the fact that your drive shaft to axle angle was at too steep an angle after the lift. If you'd like to put your XFER case bushings back in the correct location, you can insert a wedge shaped spacer between the leafs and the rear axle, giving the axle a canter or angle that will raise the u-joint coupler upwards thus reducing the angle between the axle and the drive shaft.

Ideally, there should be a small angle between axle joint and drive shaft, just enought that under hard accelleration, the axle angle will diminish to 0 or close to it.

Hope this is helpful, Greg.

Here's the website I'm uploading pics to: Greg's frame off project
Gregsmx is offline   Reply With Quote