View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 09:05 PM   #24
murphy98

Re: 60-66 Stepside rear step bumper modification

Hey WhippinSaw,
the gap under the cross sill is looking really good after your adjustments. I just checked the two measurements you asked about on my bumper. I got 55 1/4" for the width of the vertical portion of the diamond plate under the cross sill, so just about what your measurement is. For the overall width of the bumper I get 73 5/8". Perhaps you can take a carpenters square and put the short leg along the rear edge of the bumper and have the longer leg just touching the rear fender but long enough to reach just short of the molded lip area of the fender see last photo in post #18 above for reference (maybe put some masking tape on the fender so the square does not scratch it) then draw a line on the top of the bumper to simulate the end of the bumper and repeat on the other side then measure the overall width of the bumper going by those two lines and see what that comes to before you do any cutting. Check that measurement against mine to see if you are close. Let me know if you need more info, happy to help!

Last edited by murphy98; 03-29-2014 at 09:14 PM.
murphy98 is offline   Reply With Quote