Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 10:56 PM   #405
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWFISHER View Post
Welcome back to the liquid sunshine of Oregon
Thanks, man. The rain I didn't miss and we had a great time but it's nice to be back and working on the truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by siggyfreud View Post
Indeed! I'm actually in Phoenix right now on business and am reluctant to return to the rain.
I hope you had a great trip and got some of that sun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J. MCCAULEY View Post
Welcome back to the Oregon rain! LOL! I'm jealous!!!!
Thanks, T.J.

Well, I did get some stuff done this last weekend but not as much as I had wanted. We have been looking for a new camper and we drove up to Kelso, WA to check one out on Friday and then came back and looked at the other one we had picked out. We had it narrowed down to just 2. We are planning of retiring in about 10 months and we want to travel around the US and other places and we want something that we can get in to places that you can't drag a trailer. I mentioned earlier that I had traded my Tundra in on a 2014 Silverado 3500HD 4x4 dually and the next step was the camper. Saturday we bought Lance 1170 2 slide out camper. We are now one step closer to our goal!
This also puts more pressure on me to get stuff done on Sanity during this next year.

I did manage to work on the serpentine system some more and it's starting to come together. I've got everything fit up except the power steering pump. I am rebuilding it first and I ordered a new reservoir for it. I am also going to replace the idler pulleys. I cleaned up the alternator and had it tested to make sure it was good before installation and I got a AC compressor dummy pulley and bracket to use. I cleaned up some casting marks and and got it painted. I got my replacement water pump and got it and the pulley mounted also. The front of the motor is almost complete.
Since the weather is starting to warm up some I also decided to get back to body work so I can get the cab flipped back up right and the set back on the frame soon after. There was one spot just above the dimmer switch and one spot under and around the Steering shaft hole that needed to be cut out and patched. I got them cut out and the patches fit up but ran out of time to drag out the welder so that will be next weekend.
I didn't have time to take some pics before going to work so I'll try to post a few tomorrow.

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote