Thread: 28 Model A
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 01:03 AM   #7
Desperado454

Re: 28 Model A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry P View Post
Your mock up looks like you’re going lowboy. I’d have made the rails if I wasn’t doing a highboy. I’d probably just do it with rectangular tube rails and maybe some “dress up” sheet metal skins from the fire wall forward to give the rails some contour for a lowboy build.

That body looks solid. I have a 30-31 five window body but I need to pretty much re-make the lower six inches. It probably sat on dirt for a long time before I got it. Originally I was going to make a chassis similar to my roadster’s but a lowboy would save enough time to push me in that direction. They look good either way. Keep the photos coming.
You're right about going lowboy, the body will be channeled whatever height the rails end up. I though about using rectangle tube, but i want the frame to contour to the side subrails and have a nice kick up in the front and rear. Call it a 32 inspired frame i suppose, but i think i'll forgo the indent on the side since it wont be seen. The pictures don't really show it well but there is rust at the bottom of the doors and the quarters have been patched poorly at the front, so its gonna take some work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72freak View Post
here is mine...I drive it about every day.
That looks awesome, I'd try to drive it everyday too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian113 View Post
All right another Model A is going to be on the road soon. I'm going to use the boxed stock frame I have now and buy a 32 frame next winter then sell my rolling chassis later.
Be on the road sooner than later I hope!

Picked up a dash out of a 52 ford today, thinking it should work out nicely after i cut it down some:

'28 Model A Build

-Brooks
Desperado454 is offline   Reply With Quote