View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 06:52 PM   #10
Roll'nSlo

Re: Another 489bbc question

Ok, here's a little more info on my plan. I was in a rush on my postings yesterday.

Build a 489 with my 781 heads. Hoping I can just keep stock sized valves; maybe port and polish them. Intake I'm wanting to run a tunnel ram with a 2x4 setup(unless that's a major headache). Cam I'm going to have to get help on. I always get confused with them on what is the best one to use. I would like to get the biggest one possible for 1) I love the nasty hard hitting lope and 2) I know it's easier to get more performance out of the engine as well. Piston I'm shooting for something 10-11:1 CR if possible to have that on E85. Headers I have a nice set of stainless I picked up. Only thing is I have to see if they'll work in my truck. RPM range is not a major concern but I don't want to spin it to anything over 7500 honestly.

Transmission is a th350 that I have on hand just going to need to get it rebuilt. Stall I'm not really wanting to go over a 2k stall but willing to take suggestions.

My other question is on the fuel line what's the best size to run for a setup like this?
Roll'nSlo is offline   Reply With Quote