View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 07:39 PM   #15
TwinsSpeedShop

Re: Which engine did you swap to and why?

I use LS motors. The are reliable, basically indestructible and make good power. For the money of rebuilding a SBC you can get fuel injection, overdrive, and good mpg's. Now I do all of my work myself, so thats why I say for the "same" money. IF you are going to have to pay someone to do either, you might want to get quotes on both to weigh your options. Don't be scared of the wiring, there is so much information on the internet and this sight that can help you that its a no brainer if you have some mechanical skills. As for the TBI motors, ive done a few of those as well and to me the LS swaps are easier especially on the wiring side. Check out lt1swap.com for information on the wiring of the LS motors, tons of information on his site.

My truck is a 70 SWB with 03 5.3/4l60e and Im getting between 18-20 commuting to work and driving around town. I have not made any long road trips to I do not know the hwy mileage. My brothers is a 6.0/4l80 LWB and he gets 12-13 in town and 17 on the hwy. The power is is great if thats what your after but the mileage will suffer.
TwinsSpeedShop is offline   Reply With Quote