View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 08:34 PM   #1379
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Markeb01 Build Thread

Since I’m taking a forced break from the truck waiting for parts, I thought I’d share some of the stuff I do that keeps my wife happy with all my truck projects. As of this morning we had the ugly old fan shown in this first photo hanging in our living room. I use the lights, but have only run the fan maybe 3-4 times in 10 years:

Last night my wife was once again lamenting the corner is so dark nobody can really enjoy the detail in the stagecoach robbery painting. And since we relocated the Franklin Mint Stagecoach to the top of the clock, it doesn’t show up well either. Long story short – as of this morning, the fan is gone and replaced with flexible track lighting from Home Depot:

And a couple of nights ago I installed two more plastic pegboard panels (the darker two on the left) in her sewing room. Yesterday afternoon I got the bug and started organizing and hanging her stuff with measuring tools on the left, tape items in the middle, and tools on the right. She changed it around about 10% to suit her tastes and that project was done.

Since the sewing room is in the basement I’ve previously installed tons of lighting and clear totes on storage racks so she can easily find anything she wants:

And here’s the aluminum windmill we put up the other day. It works really nice and since we live in a windy area, we refer to it numerous times a day to see what the conditions are like:

This close up shows the little red barn bird feeder she picked up the other day. It was all red with a black roof, so I painted the white details on the ends so it would more closely look like the barn/shed I had built for her last year.

Nothing truck related today, but we’ll see what tomorrow brings.