Thread: $50K Blazer?
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 06:30 AM   #24
skorpioskorpio

Re: $50K Blazer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan View Post
My thoughts exactly and one of the hopes that sustains me as I write checks for my resto shop and parts suppliers. Despite the deficiencies they bring from the era in which they were made, 1st gen Blazers and Jimmys are sophisticated vehicles compared with Broncos, Scouts and Land Cruisers, plus they are convertibles (sort of). They also have a clean, attractive yet rugged appearance that still seems fresh 40+ years after.
OK, I'll certainly give you clean, attractive and rugged, however I don't think you can really apply sophisticated to a vehicle whose design is kind of like one of those fold over things like they used to have on the back of MAD magazine done to a pickup and then the roof erased.

I mean you have to admit it's almost like a couple AMC designers filled in for a week. You know the guys who created things like.. hey, if we take the Javalin and just chop 2 feet out of the middle of it, it's sort of kind of like a Camaro...or a Mustang... yes exactly like that, we could call it the exparemental, err, wait American Motors eXparemental... or AMX... ooo I like that... Call Bob on the line and have him cut one up. A year or so later, Hey we need a sub compact hatchback.... Hey call Bob have him grab a Hornet body, I have an idea....
skorpioskorpio is offline   Reply With Quote