View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 07:24 AM   #1950
ryanroo

Re: Finally starting my Longhorn 4x4 conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6BT 56 View Post
I second that . My 56 has a AAW kit in it . Did the whole truck tail light to headlight in a wknd . Very high quality .

At some point you and the other Ryan ran me through the do's and dont's of adjusting and measuring caster on a D60 . I cant seem to find it now . Need to know where to place the angle indicator to figure out what I need for shims to get 4or 6 ish deg.

Lol... Or was it camber ??? Which ever is the angle of the king pins to make this thing steer more gooder .
Camber is a factory set angle and cant be adjusted, at least not reasonably. it is the tires tipping in or out at the top viewed from the front.

caster is the angle of the kingpins in relation to the ground if you drew an imaginary line through the top and bottom pivot center. 4-6 degrees positive, or tipped back at the top is usually the love zone on a kingpin 60. and 6 is at the edge of to much IMO. the easiest way to measure it is to get the truck on some even level ground and put and angle finder on the kingpin cap. i usually try to sit the angle finder on the flattest part i can on the top of the knuckle. depending on the caps, i like to use the tops of the bolts if they are matching. you can also use the bottom bearing cover.

ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote