Thread: beware
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 04:53 PM   #19
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Re: beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdcrulz View Post
I'll try this one more time. Yes I started the thread to try and prevent anyone from having the misfortune that I have experienced.
That is exactly what this area is here for, and not a bit of any of the previous issue.

Quote:
Yes I suggested that the thread be deleted because of the apparent extreme grief that I was causing the moderators.
One of my "jobs" as a site administrator is to step in and help clear up bad deals. When someone posts in the review area, it automatically alerts powerdriver and myself via email. There is no grief in this, just a lack of understanding. I have only tried to show you why, nothing more, or less.

Quote:

In my post I didn't ask anyone to decide whether there was a deal or not, nor did I ask anyone to help me figure out what was going on. Further I did not ask the moderators to step in and solve my problem. I fully understand the "he said, she said" trap.
Again, what I said above, in addition not replying would be letting someone get a bad name without getting the facts. That is just not cool. I am sure you would not appreciate it being done to you.

Quote:
Additionally I wish for no one to spend their valuable time baby sitting me.
We are replying to the questions and or statements made. It is a message board, that's how it works.. folks post, replies are made. In not doing so, we are not doing our jobs.

Quote:
I was in the purest sense of the word just trying to HELP.
Exactly my position. I have zero reason to post in reply to you just because. We are here to help show you what went wrong, and hopefully prevent it from happening again. If someone reading this learns something, that helps also.

Quote:
For the love of all that is Holy, I did not mean to cause problems. Accusing me of constantly bucking up against them is your viewpoint. My viewpoint is that I meant no harm and I was trying to do the board a good service.
If you review the replies, they do come across as quite defensive. Perhaps unintentional, but does tend to get the same tone in replies.

Quote:
When a couple of moderators took a swing at me for doing what I thought was a good deed, it didn't sit well with me.
Please show me where exactly I came at you swinging? I simply pointed out that it was not a bad deal, and showed the guidelines to explain it in my first few replies.

Quote:
I've already apologized for my lack of reading skills. I've already suggested that if my post is wasting everyone's time then delete the whole works.
The deleting posts was explained in Josh's reply.

Quote:
I'm not sure what else to do to make it better other than just go back to being a visitor to the board and admire the sweet trucks and reading the posts of people that apparently know how to obey the rules.
No one asked you to lurk, or feel as if you are not valuable as a member. The only thing we ask is that you review the rules, and follow them. Just as all members are expected to do.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote