Thread: beware
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 10:14 PM   #20
special-K
Special Order

Re: beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdcrulz View Post
...I wouldn't ship anything to him without getting your money first.
I appreciate your sentiment of wanting to help others. But,some words to offer on dealings in general,as it seems you've not dealt with selling much. I apologize if that's an incorrect assumption,but that's what I'm seeing in your words.

Just him? Isn't it customary to wait to be paid first,then send the part to anyone? I have had members go ahead and ship a part as soon as I said I would take it. I consider that an honor I must have earned and it makes me feel great,but certainly would never expect it.
I see this as the same as at swap meets when a guys says "I'll be back" with no intention of returning,or "I'll think about it",then come back and be upset because the item was sold. It happens so much it's a standing joke with vendors. I've heard them talk about making signs that say,"Think about it here". It happens with Craigslist. People say they'll be there at certain time,the seller plans around that,and they never call or show. It's just the way selling is. It's not sold till the money is in your hand. That's why people trade cars in for such a loss. It voids all the hassles of selling and they pay for the convenience.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 04-13-2014 at 07:00 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote