Thread: beware
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 09:28 AM   #23
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Re: beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdcrulz View Post
Just a warning to all members of this board. If you are contacted by a member with the user name "Rustd67", be careful. He agreed to buy a buddy seat from me and was in the process of paying via Paypal or money order and then he came up missing. He wouldn't return numerous calls or texts, I wouldn't ship anything to him without getting your money first.
It is good that you raised a flag on this and I certainly hope you did NOT send your buddy seats to this member without payment first.

If I had .50 cents for every parson that said "I will take it" or payment sent" and then got nothing, I would not be sitting here. I would be on a warm beach with a fruity drink and my toes in the sand.

If I also had .50 cents for every time I quoted a price for a tach cluster build or restoration, I would be on the same beach with two fruity drinks, one in each hand. I don't really look at it as a waste of time to quote a job. That is part of my job as a business. If I get 2 sales out of 10 quotes, that is a good day. If I had a thread with the names of every person that never responded to a quote, it would jamb the server for a week.

If you are going to sell parts on this forum or any other forum, you have to understand that until you have "payment in hand or bank" whether it is via paypal or money order" there is no deal.

Another thing, you can NEVER assume anything online. This person may have had some personal issue that prevented him from responding back to you. We all have personal lives.

It looks as though you are new to this forum. I am a member of about 6 different forms and I will tell you this is by far the best one on the internet. You will never get any better support and help from other members as you do here.

I would not let one "No Deal" mess up your day.

Take care,
Tom

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote