View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 08:55 AM   #531
texasld

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_The_Grad View Post
Home made "mcguyver" oven: successful. Also succeeded in not blowing up my house...I was very nervous as I was keeping a close eye on the headers cooking at 400° for 2 hrs. I wouldn't let myself step away for the first hour. But I figured if its been an hour and nothings caught fire it will probably be OK. I made the oven out of a collapsable dog kennel, tin foil, cardboard, wood,brick,propane burner, and tinfoil tape. I was able to control the heat by +-50° just by adding or removing a brick from the top of the oven. My girlfriend was definatly impressed, sighting that if "S were to hit the fan" I could provide for us. Turned out better than I thought considering it cost about $50 to get my headers back to decent shape. I also reconnected my exhaust and installed chrome flywheel dust cover (after slight modification,I think the "easy to install" is a typo). Battle wound to show that it was time to call it quits for the night. Good thing I was wearing gloves, could have been a lot worse. Got it from removing starter and dropping it against frame rail.

That's an impressive "Red Green" oven. That's awesome!
2010 Harley Street Glide

Check Out My Build!: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=617981