View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 09:23 AM   #1376
Hart_Rod

Re: 68 S/C update.....

New tank is installed!! Very high quality piece from Boyd's tanks. Craftsmanship is top notch. My only quibble was with the placement of the vent/rollover valve - it's right under one of the bed braces making it very difficult to get to. 3" more to the front and it would have been perfect. Oh well, I just put the hose on before I put the tank up in the hole. Other than than that, I would highly recommend it.

While I had the tank out I also redid my fuel filler neck with a bigger pipe (2"). When I had originally put the filler neck together, I used an 1.75" pipe and then flared the end that connects to the tank which was a 2". It worked most of the time, but if I got a gas pump the flowed really fast, it would burp fuel. So this time, I used 2" pipe for the entire piece. I know that's not a lot bigger, but that's all the room I have up in the bedside. Hopefully it let everything flow a little better than the other one. I also welded a bracket to the pipe to mount it to the bed floor. The tie wrap I've had on there for the last 4 years needed to go
Attached Images

Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote