View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 01:43 PM   #1
cleansquare
Account Suspended

where to start...6.0 swap?

I dont really know where to start. Looking for answers, guidance, insight, etc.

Ive had LS engines before..ive done the head and cam swaps..my buddy has hptuners...so im familiar with the LS world.

Basically im not happy (im never happy) with my trucks "performance". Sure, it runs great, the timing and carb are.dialed in, but i find myself wanting more.

Its a rebuilt by me 350, with flat top pistons, vortec heads and a larger than stock cam. Pretty good compression, good power, decent mileage with the OD. I get about 14-15 best, 12 normally.

The trans is a 98 model freshly rebuilt 4L80e. Im controlling it with the TCI EZ-TCU. Also using a tps kit, and a kit that converts the elec speedo output to mechanical for my cluster. Crossmember was moved back, driveshaft shortened, shift linkage was modified, etc. Does great.

What i know: ill need new motor mounts. Ill need headers for the LS.

Questions.

1. What years 6.0 am i looking for? Im not worried about LQ9's, a 4 is fine.

2. How.much should i expect to pay for just the 6.0?

3. What all do i need to run it, im assuming my tci controller will be obsolete? Wouldnt you want the ecm and harness to control both engine and trans together?

4. Do folks make harnesses premade for these conversions? How much?

5. What else? Obviously im planning on a cam swap, whatever my friend suggests. And he'll do the tuning.

Basically what im wanting, is to be able to hang with the newer trucks, as far as acceleration and towing power. Oh yeah, its an 85 c20!! Thanks!!
cleansquare is offline   Reply With Quote