View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 02:34 PM   #6
66LSx

Re: where to start...6.0 swap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleansquare View Post
Yep, forgot all about fuel issues.

I do tow a lot. I like the idea of a 6.0 because its a 3/4 ton truck.

Why do you say wait till its running before doing the cam swap? Ease of initial tuning?

Yes, he has access to hptuners and credits and all that.

I read some of the FAQ, im not illiterate. I did quite a bit of research on my 4L80e swap so figuring out things on my own isnt the problem. I figured since there was a SECTION on LS swaps, id post some quick questions i had.

Shouldn't have a need for initial tuning with only headers... the OEM tune should be fine.... PENDING what all transpires with 4L80e differences.

With being able to get some driving miles on the truck and figuring out how your going to use it... you'll have a better understanding on how you want to target a cam..... IE A high-lift, high duration cam may HURT your ability to tow and MPG desires etc. All things you can find out once you get a few 1000 rounds on it. (Or if you tow once in a year after the swap... drop in a TSP224 w/ 112 deg with electronic cutouts and enjoy the hot rod you created)

Gas pedal is one think you'll really want to ensure comes from the same year truck. (or close as there are 3 or 4 differences) [again if you do drive by wire... cable throttle body will be some cost to swap over too]

Sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way... I wanted to make you aware of the hours upon hours ahead in homework needed...not upset you.. my bad. (Fuel fitting P/N's, rail adapters to 6AN, corvette regulator combos, plug wires to match your headers for clearance, motor mounts, power steering 16.5 metric fitting adapters etc etc etc.)
2012 GMC Sierra 5.3L 4x4 CCSB
66LSx is offline   Reply With Quote