View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 07:58 AM   #5
special-K
Special Order

Re: '51 Shortbed on CL/Carlisle

I see what you're saying. What I'm saying is in this area a truck like this would be that price regardless of the wheels. It's no secret the white spoke wheels aren't most people's cup of tea and don't serve well to enhance interest. A set of commonly available rallye wheels would do more for that. Or,as you mentioned,a set of stock style steel wheels. I don't know what the seller was thinking,or if it was the guy in MO he bought it from who installed the wheels. All I know is you don't find these in such condition,basically solid,complete,and not a lot of money dumped in yet,around here and I thought I'd share for any members close by to hop on before it makes it to Carlisle where it certainly will sell. It's not worth it for someone who lives where it's more common to see a truck like this,and possibly for less,to buy and pay to ship back off the Est Coast. Back in the '90s I had my '63 Riviera listed in Hemmings and a woman from TX called on it. I told her,"You don't want to buy a car from back east. You can find one a lot closer. We buy your stuff to bring back here".

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote