View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 04:56 PM   #253
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricott View Post
Your project is looking great. Love the idea of using the ford Expedition Power Steering cooler. As for fuel lines, I plan to use the ones found on a Chevy truck. They are attached to the motor/tranny and exit the back of the tranny on the driver's side. I will make up the lines from that point to the fuel tank. Does the Trailblazer PCM program have a circuit for the electric fans - or do you plan to control them with a "stand alone" system? I used a Camaro program on the GTO because I needed electric fans, and those circuits on the "truck" programs control something on the HVAC.

I hope to work on shortening the Trailblazer EXT frame this weekend - we will see. Thanks again for posting your build - it has been a real timesaver.
Ricky
The PCM does have a circuit for the fan that I intend to use. Looks like wire 42 in the Blue Connector labeled "Fan 1 Relay Control" off the LT1swap.com pinouts.

Good idea on the fuel lines. I will check my buddies yard tomorrow for a set off of a truck and adapt them as required. Should be plug and play if they reach and as long as I can find a set with a return line which I understand has been eliminated on some years.

Can't wait to see the shortening process. Hope you don't have to break the brake lines.

By the way, found the body that came off of my frame and got a picture of the codes on the glove box door. Necessary to know what rear end I have so the computer can be re-flashed. Code is GT4 which is a 3.73.
dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote