View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 02:15 PM   #24
blillie11

Re: 85 C10 - Street Trucks Freshman Build

Well, at this point, I was more than happy with my truck. Honestly, I would have been cool with the build if we had bolted the front-end back on and buttoned it up. But, that wasn't what happened. Not even close. I guess I can thank the Relaxin' in SoCal Show for what happened next. We had more than a few people stop by and kind of us give us **** for wanting to stop here. One thing led to another...

We started shaving everything. Gas door, door handles, cab seam, tailgate handle... you get the drift. But that also meant we had to repaint the thing. Originally I wanted the truck to be candy apple red. I had seen a 67-72 candy apple red suburban and it looked bad ass. I believe it was at the Cruisin' For a Cure show down in Orange County. After pricing out paint, candy apple red wasn't going to happen. So I headed over to Coast Airbrush and spent a day with Tom McWeeney from Kustoms Inc. He came up with the color scheme: House of Kolor Orion Silver with a candy apple red frame. Done and done! He had me sold. You'd think finding someone to powder coat candy apple red would be easy. Well, it actually wasn't. Thank goodness Kris out at Ludikrs Kustomz was down to powdercoat it. I'm so thankful for the job he did. It was flawless! Here are some frame pictures.
Attached Images

blillie11 is offline   Reply With Quote