View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 10:06 AM   #1905
NastyBuzzard

Re: Glock's new project: "Fred" w/ 5.3L LS swap info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatpat View Post
If you have dual tanks here is a diagram of what you need.

http://www.hotrodlane.cc/Instruction.../dualtank.html

Since the LS based vortec is a high pressure fuel system you will need to change the tank selector valve for a high pressure unit. I believe this one will work: Pollak 42-159

You can get an adapter to hang your current transfer case behind the 4l60e to keep your current passenger side drop setup.

If you keep a stock (for the 87) AC system then there isn't much to worry about since the AC isn't electronically controlled through the computer. Well other than hanging your R4 compressor on the front of the motor. Pretty sure you can buy brackets for that or I've seen brackets from an S-10 modified to work.

I threw a 5.3 in my 88 Jimmy, it was pretty easy and it is awesome in the mud.
I actually have the serpentine setup & a/c setup from the 92 truck. I got rid of the vbelts when I did this motor, plus that compressor I have from the 92 is shot, the plug on the back was broken off.

I was worried about the transfer case, I will be getting all that from the truck but the ds is on the wrong side I think.

I was hoping I didn't have to buy another fuel selector valve since mine is brand new but oh well. Thanks for the Pollak PN!! I looked at the pollak is that the same as auto zones p/n FSV1 or FSV2? I remember when I got my FSV2 it had pollack on it.

What about headers or manifolds? Can I use stock manifolds and maybe notch frame a hair? Or are there any heads that will fit 4x4?

What setup are you running in the 88 jimmy trans and gear wise? What tcase did you use? My tcase is from the 91 k5 blazer.

Last edited by NastyBuzzard; 04-24-2014 at 10:27 AM.
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote