View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 03:25 PM   #9
doubeys_nova

Re: '85 K10 LSX/700R4 Swap

I am thinking yours has a HI/LO switch to tell the TBI computer. if not it is probably just a 12v switch that sends a signal to the computer when in 4LO.

for the tv cable, I bought the bowtie overdrives stuff and everything works great. fabbing up my own brackets/cables/spring was not feasible. i will leave that to the pro's.

15" tires and rims are fading out anyways. i would recommend 18" rims since just about everything is that way anyways. you would have 7" sidewalls still on 32" tires.

Our trucks run 2 different tracks factory. the rear end is narrower than the front end or it is just that way on everything i have ever looked at.

I wasnt aware those trucks could have true dual exhaust because of the gas tank. most people y pipe it after the cat. either way the exhaust shouldnt fit inside the frame rails. factory truck manifolds dump inside the rails. the guy that did my exhaust told me that was the hardest part getting the exhaust out of the frame rail and bent towards the back. i cut the pipe off just behind the O2 sensors so i could work out the kinks and drive it to the exhaust shop. stock manifolds vs. headers on a 4.8 is pointless IMO. no cats, no a/c pump and no smog pump will free that little engine up quite a bit.

I am running an inline walbro 255 with corvette style regulator filter and all braided line. if you go this route prep yourself for investing some money into fittings. the quick connect AN fittings are expensive but worth every penny. you could try to mock up the tank under the truck and see but i am sure i wouldve seen something about it when i was doing research if it was possible.

Wiring...I bought my harness from SSP wiring. make sure you can solder and have everything to solder with. i spent hours extending wires that were a bit short. the base tune they gave me is not a bad one but is not great by any means.

FOR GOD SAKES PLEASE clearance your crossmember for the oil pan or you will have to pull your intake on and off all the time to do anything on the backside of the engine. It doesnt take much but i really screwed myself but not doing it. when i jpull the engine this year i am gonig to knock it out. get that engine as far forward as you can. you will have nearly a foot of room in the front so dont sweat that. I wish i wouldve done a dual fan set up from the get go with a diesel radiator. wheeling it does tend to get hot after long periods.
1996 Grand Cherokee: 5.2L Limited,Bone Stock,blown trans
1976 Nova SS: 358 SBC/TH350/C12 Bolt/3.42 LS(SOLD)
doubeys_nova is offline   Reply With Quote