View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 11:39 AM   #20
msg

Work from 4-25-2014

Worked last night getting more tacking and planishing as well as hanging the panel. First was a check for alignment so far so I tried hanging it and found that the fender was about a 1/4 inch too long.

I also took a closer look at the panel gaps that exist now and took a bunch of reference shots for the future. The rocker panel on the passenger side seemed to be high at the front part where the lower door corner meets..

Compared to the driver side

Since I had already welded in the majority of the patch I decided to cut out a 1/4 inch pie wedge and bring up the edge side without messing with the rounded contour that curves over the wheel.

I removed more off the front edge than seen in this pic to close the gap, just didnt take a pic of it more flush

Then I bent the panel over to form the contour

Then I realized the wrap over effect and the gap it leaves if you dont account for it in the original cut..so I took the snips and gave it a wedgie

Then I drilled out a hole through the base of the patch panel and base of the bracket to get a spot weld in then clamped up a copper plate

Went and hung it up this morning and much better

Now back to it. Maybe that fender clogger mod?
msg is offline   Reply With Quote