View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 08:37 PM   #53
ivorton74

Re: Finally starting my 5.3 swap!!

Update...so made a little progress yesterday and today. had to drill new holes for my tranny mount on the crossmember and the tranny is mounted finally. Mocked up the radiator and cold air intake to see how much room there is...its kinda tight but it will work. The 5.3 top radiator hose don't fit on my stock sbc radiator...I read here on a few threads that it works...maybe someone could tell me what to do about this...installed my power steering pulley, fan and belt. Also removed the stock fuel lines and mounted the fuel pump.
Today I just got the starter wires and battery cable on and got the right exhaust manifold back on...had to take it off the access the starter. Looks like my driveshaft is too short so need to get it lengthened....decided to mount the pcm on the inner fender instead of inside the truck. That's about as far as I got.

Heres some pics...got to see what the motor looks like under the hood. EXCITING!!
Attached Images

2019 Nissan Titan SV Midnight
1979 Datsun 210 4 door
1980 Datsun 120y(back home in Trinidad)
ivorton74 is offline   Reply With Quote