View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 07:16 PM   #332
CUSTOM/10

Re: Project; Divorce Therapy ( 72 SWB 4x4 )

More pics & progress. The serpentine set-up is finally done, got the bracket without the smog pump and the small bracket for the back of the power steering pump. But this thing wasn't going on without a fight. 1st the 1/2' metal rod/brace for the belt tensioner didn't fit because of the vortec heads and intake, so I made a new one. Then the bracket for the back of the power steering pump and alt wouldn't work with the headers, or the newer style alt. So it had to be cut and modified. Then I got adapter brackets for the sanden A/C compressor, but the compressor wouldn't fit, it hit the valve cover. ( I believe this to be due to the taller valve covers to clear the roller rockers ) So I made up some additional brackets to raise the back of the compressor about 1-1/2 in. This allowed it to fit and be able to remove the valve cover. Doing this mod meant I needed a longer belt, so I measured it and had some luck, got it right on the first shot. Oh and all the hardware for the serp set up is metric !!!!!, So I had to buy all that..... But now it's done. Oh and I got the quick steer Redhead steering box on.

And the body shop is working on my bed, so I should have some pics of that coming soon.
Attached Images

My 72 SWB Build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=259859

Last edited by CUSTOM/10; 04-28-2014 at 07:07 AM.
CUSTOM/10 is offline   Reply With Quote