View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 04:54 PM   #10
skorpioskorpio

Re: Project Family Truckster: 2wd Conversion Turbo LSx Blazer Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasted Income View Post
I haven't really looked at the AEM until now. I has some nice things that the holley doesn't (yet?) have, like flex fuel sensor integration, fuel pressure compensation, VVT control, built in traction control.

However, I think the price edge definitely goes to Holley, as well as the tons of custom programmable inputs/outputs. I didn't see anything regarding built in transmission control on the AEM either? I also have the Dominator running a dual nozzle progressive meth setup, which i didn't see listed for the AEM. You can also add the CAN tuning display to the holley, which is a nice (but expensive) unit.

I think either one will work great for you, but I really like the Dominator so far.
After talking to AEM what concerns me is that a lot of the inputs are pretty much log only and they have very limited CAN definitions to output it to CAN data. I was planning on running Speedhut CAN gauges for everything as well as having an onboard PC with a CAN aquisition card, and well basically monitor everything I have inputs for in real time. The AEM really only outputs CAN info for things they feel are important to running the engine and the rest is just stored data, nothing realtime.

The VVT on my engine is really there to do torque smoothing and for emissions, sorry don't care about that. I'm going with a PCS TCU and a 6 speed 4L80E and the Dominator won't do that anyway, traction control requires wheel sensors which I won't have, though I am doing my build with the idea that at some point it could be switched to LPG or CNG if I wanted to. I will have the capability to run 2 independent fuel rails if I wanted to.

Anyway the real issue is CAN output, for me.
skorpioskorpio is offline   Reply With Quote