Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 03:23 AM   #328
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Todays progress: (Well yesterdays progress now)

Got the manifold removed, plugged the ports, laid a rag in the valley plugged the ports and scraped the gaskets then cleaned and vacuumed the crap out of the valley and ports and put in clean rags. Scrapped the intake manifold surfaces and cleaned it with engine brite. Will do a final clean and surface prep later. The worlds Products heads have ports just slightly larger than the Performer intake, still uses the same gaskets tho, the lower wall thickness is thinner than on a stock head but the silicone bead still mates up ok.

So the auto parts store gave me the wrong intake gaskets yet again, he said they cross referenced to the fel-pro number i gave him, B.S, totally wrong port size..... I stopped there on the way to work and we reordered the Edelbrock gasket.

My biggest concern with this job is if i have to re-torque the bolts what kind of sealer do i put in them that's non hardening so when i re-torque it won't break the seal???

They gave me the wrong carb base gasket too so had to look that part number up and order it, i got it from the carb rebuild kit I run and Edelbrock 600 cfm.

Not an ounce of sludge in the valley, until i pop off the valve cover i'll assume no sludge there as well. (crossing fingers)
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote