View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 08:36 AM   #7
TennesseeZ
Countdown Survivor

Re: 1989 GMC Sierra SportSide

Great build, I've always liked integrating parts from other vehicles(especially different makes and/or models), and I have a couple questions: How much room does the tilt/tele column mod take? Is the steering wheel closer to you now? Did the Vette wheel compensate any?

Is the auto down window mod in the switch, or is it a module that could be obtained from other cars that have it, and use the original(truck) switch?

Remote keyless entry: Is that a module too, hopefully? Do you have to find one with the key and doorlocks to match?

I own 3 of these vehicles and change parts around frequently, altho most of mine are simple upgrades from newer models of the same platform. I have done the rearview mirror, Hi-4 headlights, sunvisors (Chevy Astro IIRC), cupholder, Jeep lower column, Escalade wheels, some others on my DD Yukon, but you have taken it to a new level. Love the OEM low buck approach!

Planning on the hydroboost and brake upgrade soon also.

What about the stereo amp? Is that the whole unit that fits in the original dash opening without modification, or a separate unit that could be hidden anywhere?

Thanks for the info in your thread and keep us posted as you find more great mods!

A MAN OF HONOR DOES NOT LIE, CHEAT, OR STEAL, NOR TOLERATE THOSE WHO DO.

Gettin' old ain't for sissies.

Last edited by TennesseeZ; 08-11-2014 at 06:28 AM.
TennesseeZ is offline   Reply With Quote