View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 10:21 AM   #263
ricott

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

The picture of the engine compartment is the Money shot as far as I'm concerned. Looking real good, and it should be making noise real soon. If you haven't fabbed up a mount for your computer, get one from a S10 pickup, it is flat and very easy to mount. What are you doing about the exhaust crossover pipe, or will you build a duel setup?

One final question, early in your build you posted that the firewall was 16 and 3/4 inches from the center bolt of the shock tower. Your front wheels look great in opening, but I was wondering if the cab was moved forward by 3/4 of an inch, do you think it would affect the visual spacing of the wheel in the wheelwell on the front? The reason for my question is the trailblazer firewall (when bolted to the trailblazer frame) is 16 inches from the center of the shock tower bolt - (thus if I go with the current mount, my tires will be 3/4 of an inch further back in the wheelwell). The good news (if it works) is the radiator would be 3/4 of an inch further from the engine.

I used your "tire study" information and bought two 255/55/18 for the back of my truck, and I used two 245/60/18 (well used) from my wifey's Envoy for the front of the truck. Thanks again for sharing your hard work.

Ricky
ricott is offline   Reply With Quote